kemp-ernieFounded in 1946 by Professor Emeritus C. Ernest Kemp, the Geology Club is considered one of the oldest established clubs at the University. The club’s purpose is to foster personal and professional growth through geology-related activities. Established in 1982, the scholarship is funded by proceeds from the sale of a geology lab manual written by Professor Lew Brown and LSSU geology students.