Instructions for Scholarship Universe
Lake Superior State University has hundreds of scholarship opportunities available. Opportunities can be a combination of general scholarships (open to all students) and departmental scholarships (restricted to students within a specific major or field of study). Designed with simplicity and the student in mind, as an admitted or enrolled student at LSSU you will have access to Scholarship Universe, an online scholarship matching software. After answering a series of questions, you’ll be able to see which scholarships you’re eligible for on the national, local, and even institutional levels. Throughout your education you’ll be able to find new scholarships and be notified if you are eligible for new opportunities as they become available.
What is Scholarship Universe?
Scholarship Universe is a state of the art scholarship matching system that maximizes opportunities for students and was developed to help students connect to as many relevant and legitimate scholarship opportunities as possible, both from outside and within the university—all in one mobile friendly site. Scholarship Universe allows students to create an academic profile that enables them to be connected with various scholarship opportunities from outside scholarship organizations as well as within Lake Superior State University.
How do I use this service as a student?
- Click here to login to Scholarship Universe.
- Enter your My.LSSU username and password to login.
- Answer ALL new questions by clicking the gray bar that says “You still have outstanding questions…” and review all previously answered questions if you haven’t done so in a while. This step may take ten to twenty minutes if you’ve never created a profile before. Your answers are used to match you to LSSU and non-LSSU scholarships you are eligible to apply for year round.
- Click on the “Scholarships” tab and start applying!
What is External vs LSSU scholarships?
External scholarships are available through organizations outside of LSSU. These are private scholarships that you are matched to and are encouraged to apply. All external scholarships have been vetted by a team of experts and are considered legitimate scholarship opportunities for our students. If you choose to apply for external scholarships that are you matched to, you will be redirected to their website to complete the application process.
LSSU and Departmental scholarships are listed as Financial Aid or under the College the scholarship falls within. For example, Nursing scholarships are listed as LSSU College of Health & Behavior under Organization. LSSU scholarships that are available will always be sorted first within the scholarship tab.
What should you know about Scholarship Universe?
- Only admitted and currently enrolled students have access to the software.
- Be sure to update your profile frequently. Information such as GPA, number of credits taken, class standing, etc. will affect to which scholarships you are matched.
- We do not share your information. All data collected will be used strictly for matching you to scholarships and, eventually, to LSSU departments to select recipients for their scholarships.
- Parents cannot login to Scholarship Universe but are encouraged to help students with obtaining required documents for the scholarship application process.
If you need assistance, please contact the LSSU Financial Aid Office at email@example.com.
ALWAYS WRITE A THANK YOU LETTER.
Scholarship donors are generous people who give to support the educational endeavors of students like you. Receiving a well written thank you letter from a student is always special and lets the donor know that his or her scholarship was greatly appreciated. We encourage you to take the time to express your gratitude and remind them why students appreciate their gifts!